And now they’re pretty much portraying the autistic teenager as a “child in an adult’s body” who draws sexually explicit comically inaccurate pictures of people he knows.
Who says this is a good movie? Seriously, WHO?
Oh, right. Allistics. Gotcha.
Can we just start a thing where Autistic peeps review these kind of movies, so then others can avoid the terrible ones? Unless there’s already one…
That’s a good idea. I heard through the grapevine that The Black Balloon was terrible, so I didn’t bother, but a lot of people haven’t heard.
Yes, this needs to be a thing.
For the record, I recommend Silent Things with Andrew Scott (it’s like 12 min long and you can find it on Youtube) and Miracle Run (which has some ableism in it, but is overall fairly good).
Make it a submission based tumblr and grab a couple mods? We can totally make this actually a thing. Tag pages for the most well-known movies linked to on front page, most recent reviews the way a blog works, an “Other movies” page because not everything is gonna be well-known… we can make this a thing. Anyone else want this made a thing/want to create it/want to mod it if someone else makes it?
- dandylionblood likes this
- goldenheartedrose reblogged this from allisticntprivilege
- foggypebble likes this
- mommy-cuteella likes this
- hollowpikeman reblogged this from allisticntprivilege
- allisticntprivilege reblogged this from goldenheartedrose and added:
- yesthattoo reblogged this from goldenheartedrose and added:
- karalianne reblogged this from goldenheartedrose and added:
- hcshannon likes this
- deducecanoe said: They would rethink that assessment if they saw all the smut on my dash.
- uniquegirlsreign likes this
- pale-black-eye likes this
- petrichoriousparalian said: How do you feel about What’s Eating Gilbert Grape? Because a friend of mine adores it, and I’ve never seen it, but her enthusiasm made me a little uncomfortable.
- goldenheartedrose posted this